By Ximming Li, bostonese.com
Quincy, Mass., Dec. 23, 2016, — The results of the Asian Health photo contest was announced at the annual meeting of Boston Chinese Photographers’ Association (BCPA) at Harvard Pilgrim Quincy office on Saturday, Dec. 17. Over 100 BCPA members and guests attended this annual meeting in spite of snowy weather.
Rose Hom presents award to Daryl Luk (provided by BCPA).
Daryl Luk, president of BCPA, recounted major achievements during the past year in his remarks. He highlighted the 35 lectures and outings during 2016 orgnized by BCPA, and thanked active participation by members at these events.
Ms. Feng Chai will become president of BCPA for 2017. She said BCPA would continue to serve its members and the communities members live in.
Ms. Rose Hom, a manager at Harvard Pilgrim, congratulated BCPA for a very success year. She helped hand out awards of the Asian Health photo contest to nine winners in three categories. Mr. Luk was one of the winners for his photo below.
For the list of the winners and upcoming BCPA events, please visit thebcpa.org.
Announcement of the Photo Contest
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Boston Chinese Photography Association are co-organizing a photo contest with a theme of “Asian Health”. You can find out more detail about this contest in the following.
The submitted photos should be focused on Asian Health, which could be about preventive care and exercises, mental illness, cares for the elderly, work and life balance, childcare and parenting, etc.
- Submission deadline: December 1, 2016
- Contest award ceremony and exhibition: December 2016
- Contest participants must be 18 years of age or older and should live in United States. You may be required to provide proof of age, eligibility and identity upon request
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest
- Photos can be taken by phones, point-and-shoot cameras, DSLR cameras, or mirrorless cameras
- Photos must be submitted by the photographer who took them
- Photos can be post-processed for adjustments such as color, contrast, cropping, etc
- Photos should be of JPEG format
- Photo size should not be larger than 1600 pixel x 900 pixel
- Each participants can submit no more than three photos
- Please submit the photos to email@example.com. In the email, make sure to provide (1) your name (2) English title for each of the photos (3) Chinese titles are optional
- Please download and fill out the consent and release form by clicking here and attach the form with the submission
- NOTE: Submission without a signed consent and release form will not be accepted
- Awards will have the following categories:
- The most popular
- The most creative
- The best story telling
- The winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes or meeting other regulatory requirements related to the prize
- Prizes may not be redeemed for cash or other consideration, except as may be stated on a gift card, if applicable
- The Boston Chinese Photography Association (BCPA) and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (Harvard Pilgrim) are not responsible for lost, misdirected, incomplete or incorrect entries. Each of BCPA and Harvard Pilgrim reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to void the entry of any entrant whom it believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest
- Contest participants agree that each of BCPA and Harvard Pilgrim, including their affiliates and subsidiaries, and respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives shall be held harmless for and against any injuries, loss and/or damages of any kind that may arise in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any prize
- Contest participants agree that their submitted photos can be used for marketing purpose by Boston Chinese Photography Association (BCPA) and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (Harvard Pilgrim)
- This contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws